The beginning of 2021 saw Opel hitting the ground running with the launch of one derivative of Opel Corsa; The Edition, which has been available to order since January 2021. Right on its heels we are introducing the rest of the Corsa line-up in the form of Corsa and Elegance nameplates. This sixth generation of the Opel Corsa is the right car for everyone. The model features two of the Stellantis Group latest combustion engines, the 1.2 Naturally Aspirated and 1.2 Turbo. The two engines are offered in South Africa in conjunction with two gearboxes the 5-speed manual and the 6-speed automatic shifter. The powertrains offer significant advantages such as lower fuel consumption and lower CO2 emissions, and high driveability. They are more advanced, and more dynamic than ever.
- Opel Corsa is one of the lightest vehicles in the segment, tipping the scales at a mere 980kg in its lightest form.
- Opel Corsa utilises Stellantis Group’s latest 1.2 powertrains with improved fuel efficiency and reduced carbon emissions.
- Unique Chassis setup to perform at a broad range of speeds.
- The Opel Corsa has some of best-in-class safety systems and driver assistance systems.
Light Weight and Aerodynamic
- Opel Corsa is one of the most aerodynamically optimised vehicles in its class – this was achieved after the Opel Engineers and Designers took the vehicle through rigorous testing and fine-tuning at the Research Institute of Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Engines in the wind tunnel of Stuttgart University. The results are an impressive drag coefficient of just 0.29 and a reduced frontal area of just 2.13m2, meaning that the Opel Corsa experiences less air resistance while in motion; That coupled with the light weight of the vehicle, The Opel Corsa needs less energy to move and stay in motion.
- To further improve the aerodynamics of Opel Corsa, flat underbody panelling is used from the engine compartment to rear of the vehicle thus reducing airflow turbulence underneath the vehicle while in motion. The rear roof spoiler helps cut the lift on the rear axle of the vehicle which means the Opel Corsa is one of the most-stable vehicles.
Opel Corsa with Ultra-Modern Engines
The improvement in efficiency through the engine range is reflected in the driving performance. While the new Corsa Elegance with 96kW reaches a maximum speed of 208 km/h, its predecessor needed 15 per cent more power (110kW) to get to 207km/h. With zero to 100km/h acceleration in 8.7 seconds, the new model is 0.2s quicker than its predecessor.
Exciting & Approachable Technologies
Safety Benchmark available on Elegance trim
- 180⁰ View Reverse Camera
- Lane Keep Assist
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Forward Collision Alert
- Front Pedestrian Detection
- Collision Mitigation Braking
- 7” Touchscreen on Edition & Elegance derivatives
- 7” Digital Cluster on Elegance
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto connectivity on Elegance
Big Car Technologies on the Elegance Trim
- Heated Front Seats
- LED Headlamps & High Beam Assist
Model Range & Pricing
CORSA R 274 900 1.2 55 kW 5-speed Manual
CORSA EDITION R 294 900 1.2 55 kW 5-speed Manual
CORSA ELEGANCE R 386 900 1.2 Turbo 96kW 6-speed Automatic