With the SAAFF Congress 2018 only weeks away, industry stakeholders are preparing for an exciting and full Programme. “With 16 presentations, 3 social/networking events and an exhibition over the two-day industry gathering, delegates have lots of opportunities to learn, network, debate and tackle challenges in the freight forwarding industry,” says David Logan, CEO of the SA Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF). This year’s Congress takes place on 29 and 30 August at the Cape Town International Convention Centre in Cape Town.
Themed ‘Logistics through Innovation and technology’, the SAAFF Congress 2018 will focus on innovative technology that helps achieve objectives, logistics solutions, opportunities in this economy and the African context, as well as stories to inspire, motivate and transform the industry.
The Programme includes:
- State of the Economy by Dr Dawie Roodt – Chief Economist: Efficient Group
- SARS Update: New Customs Act Programme (NCAP) – Mark Kingon, Acting SARS Commissioner: SARS
- Taking Care of Financing through the Freight Cycle – Natasha Andrykowsky, Head of International Banking across South Africa: ABSA Group Ltd
- New Technologies and Artificial Intelligence by Mmutle Lentle – Chief Information Officer: Transnet National Ports Authority
- The Evolution of Air Cargo Trade Between Forwarders and Airlines: 1947 to today by Paul Cheetham - Board member and Immediate Past Chairman of the South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF).
- Winning Business in Africa by Dr Rutendo Hwindingwi – Associate Director: Deloitte South Africa
- Living in Chains, Overcoming Adversity by Rusty Labuschagne – CEO: Beating Chains
- Manufacturing a new Future for South Africa by Dean Macpherson MP: Shadow Minister for Trade and Industry, Democratic Alliance
- The Big Grey Area: Uninsured Cargo at Ports by Riaan Grobbelaar – Managing Director: Prestmarine
- Market Realities of the Marine Insurance Industry and the Evolution of Protecting Human Capital – Adrian Parsons – Sales and Marketing Executive: JLT South Africa and Jason Freeman – Director: JLT Marine Division
- Innovative Technology Workshop: Preparing for Disruption in the Freight Forwarding Industry with Steve Gray, Founder of The MakerSpace
- Technological Disruption along the Supply Chain – Nachi Mendelow: VP Business Development – Africa, WiseTech Global
- Stanley Lim – Stanley Lim – Group COO: Addicon Logistics Management
“Our 2018 Programme will provide delegates with essential insights and knowledge – and a stronger network,” concludes Logan. “Attendees will leave the Congress inspired, informed – and ready to tackle the industry challenges”.
This year’s sponsors include Lombard (Platinum), WiseTech Global (Gold), Transnet (Silver), JLT (Bronze) and Prestmarine (Prestgroup)(Bronze).