Enters Heavy Duty truck segment in the South African market
“PRO 6016 - BORN EFFICIENT”
- Class leading fuel efficiency with VEDX5 engine, designed in collaboration with Volvo Group
- Super-efficient 4-cylinder common rail engine with 4 valves per cylinder, delivering best in class torque of 825 Nm
- Fully suspended Cabin, adapted from Japanese design and meeting AIS 029 safety standards, is equipped with Intelligent Driver Information System, Air suspended seat and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) for Comfort, Safety & enhanced Driver Efficiency
- Modular DOMEX high tensile strength chassis and Cross serrated propeller shaft lubricated for life (LFL) for higher durability & lower maintenance
October, 2017, Johannesburg: VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV), a Volvo Group and Eicher Motors joint venture, unveiled its Eicher Pro 6000 series, next generation of heavy duty trucks, at Automechanika Johannesburg. This marks the entry of Eicher brand into the heavy duty commercial vehicle market in South Africa. The new range consists of the Pro 6016 (8 ton payload) 16T Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) heavy duty freight carrier and Pro 6025T (10 Cubic meter) 6x4 25T GVM heavy duty construction tipper. The Pro 6000 series aims to set new benchmarks for both efficiency and productivity in its segment.
VECV brings together, the Volvo Group’s global expertise and world-class technology along with the innovative engineering and proven DNA of fuel efficiency from Eicher. Eicher Pro series, range of next generation trucks, is a result of synergy between Volvo and Eicher. Together with a growing network in South Africa, Eicher is ushering in “the Pro League of Trucking.”
Taking one step forward towards its vision of ‘Integrating global technology with local commercial transportation ecosystems’, Eicher brings in trucks powered with VEDX engines which are designed and developed in collaboration with the Volvo Group. These engines are manufactured at a next generation engine plant, which not only manufactures Euro III/IV heavy-duty engines but also supplies Euro VI compliant base engines internationally, to the Volvo Group.
Unveiling the new Eicher Pro 6000 Series, Surender Singh, Vice President and Country Head, VECV South Africa said “The Eicher Pro 6000 Series marks a milestone in journey of Eicher Trucks in South Africa, entering the heavy duty commercial vehicle industry. The Eicher Pro 6000 Series is the range of next-generation heavy duty trucks that offers class-leading fuel efficiency, superior uptime, and enhanced driver comfort, safety and efficiency through various cabin features and intelligent systems. The trucks have undergone rigorous endurance and performance testing for over 100,000 kilometers in South Africa. Together with strong support solutions, the new series promises to deliver maximum lifetime profitability to the customer and fast track their business growth.
The new range of Eicher Pro 6000 series has been developed with customers as central to the product development process and the learnings that customers face in real world conditions. The Eicher Pro 6000 Series of trucks will meet the dynamic and unique needs of most market segments including haulage, distribution, construction, industrial loads, courier and perishables. This new range of trucks is geared to revolutionize the levels of productivity in the heavy-duty trucking industry, with the infusion of global engine technology, cabin design and intelligent systems from the Volvo Group, and South African aftersales support.
Eicher Pro 6000 trucks will be available throughout the country at 17 strategic locations in South Africa, which are expanding rapidly, ensuring a high level of sales and aftersales support for best uptime of the vehicle. VECV has joined hands with the country’s well-established dealership groups which include the AAD Group, BB Motor Group, Billson Trucks, CMH Group, Fleet Dynamics, Imperial Group & Premier Truck and Bus.
- Eicher Pro 6000 Series is powered with the VEDX5 and VEDX8 engines, designed in collaboration with the Volvo Group. Engines are equipped with Volvo Group’s Engine Management System 3.0 (EMS) which maintains optimum balance between load demand, fuel efficiency and emission control.
- The Pro 6000 series cabin is adapted from Japanese design and meets AIS 029 safety standards. It is equipped with Intelligent Driver Information System which provides live information to the driver on truck operational parameters, fuel consumption and advanced on board diagnostics system. It is also equipped with features such as air suspended seat for driver, heater, air-conditioner and power windows. All this ensures comfort, safety and enhanced efficiency for a driver.
- On board diagnostics enables proactive maintenance of the truck. The system throws up fault indicators to the driver in the form of visual signals, messages and alarms. Together with the fully equipped Eicher service network, this ensures preventive and corrective maintenance of the truck, thus delivering superior uptime.
The Eicher Pro 6000 heavy-duty trucks and tippers promise maximum lifetime profitability by delivering best-in-class fuel efficiency & productivity, superior uptime and high driver comfort, safety and efficiency.