Ruggedness redefined with bold, assertive styling, and a host of smart features
- Formidable contender in B-SUV segment with over 12,000 units sold since 2013 launch
- Model range extension with introduction of much-anticipated 4x2 dCi Automatic EDC derivative
- Authentic SUV with adept off-road capabilities
- Frugal fuel consumption with 1.5dCi turbo diesel engine delivering 4.8 litres/100kms
- Cruise control standard across the range; 7" MediaNav® touch screen, plus rear parking camera and optional leather (Dynamique models)
For those seeking an affordable yet capable and versatile family SUV, the Renault Duster Model presents the perfect package. With its rugged muscular styling, array of advanced features, impressive fuel consumption, remarkable off-road abilities, comfort, space, and competitive price tag, it's no wonder the Duster continues to be a formidable contender in South Africa's B-SUV segment.
The Renault Duster's local popularity is clearly evident in the sales achievement of over 12,000 units since its 2013 launch. The Duster has not only proved its tough-ness on SA's unpredictable roads but also within a volatile economic climate.
Four years down the track, this sleek yet powerful vehicle remains a solid SUV offering, on so many levels.
FOREVER TOUGH - With an adventurous spirit
From the outset, the Renault Duster boasts an imposing robust exterior, designed to conquer South African terrain. Available in 2 drive types, 4x4 and 4x2, the Duster affords you the choice of urban and off-road driving, as well as two distinct trim levels - the Expression and the Dynamique.
With the 4x4 Duster derivative, the reassuring appearance is matched by its remarkable off-road capabilities. It boasts an elevated ground clearance (210mm), and excellent approach and departure angles, which when coupled with its intuitive 4x4 control system, allows it to master all on and off-road conditions.
Adaptability to all situations is further enhanced through the 3 transmission modes available -
- 2WD allows for the engine torque to be distributed to the front wheels, whereas -
- Lock Mode allows torque distribution to all four wheels, and -
- Automatic mode enables automatic distribution over the four wheels dependent on grip conditions.
Aside from its bold and rugged looks enhanced by its trendy 16" black alloys, ultra-modern headlamps and rear lights with striking satin chrome branded roof rails, the Duster offers substantial features ensuring form with substance.
Standard ultra-convenient features across all derivatives include electric windows, drive-away lock, rear-park sensors and cruise-control. The upper-spec'd Dynamique Model offers additional intuitive technology that ensure maximised driving comfort, namely rear parking camera, 7" MediaNav® touchscreen on-board navigation and optional leather.
The Duster is the perfect family vehicle with comfort and convenience a standard feature, with its ample cabin space and 475 litre boot space, substantially more generous than the norm even in segments above.
The versatile Renault Duster is undoubtedly the perfect fit for drivers with diverse needs, historically offering a choice of two transmission modes -
- The 1.6 16v 77Kw naturally aspirated petrol engine (Expression and Dynamique 4x2 models)
- The 1.5 dCi 80Kw turbo diesel engine (Dynamique 4x2 and 4x4 models). Thissophisticated engine inspired by Renault's Formula 1 expertise, delivers on both power and performance, yet its fuel efficiency is unparalleled from only 4.8 litres per 100km (NEDC Combined Fuel Cycle).
NEW DUSTER EDC - Automatically Tough
In keeping with consumer needs the Renault Duster range has now been further enhanced with the introduction of the new EDC (Efficient Dual Clutch) Model. The EDC is a 6-speed automatic gearbox with 2 clutches, for optimized efficiency with the ideal gear selected via an electronic control unit. This "dry" dual clutch system combines the comfort of an automatic and the responsiveness of a manual - offering flexibility and fuel efficiency.
The EDC is mated exclusively to the globally acclaimed punchy 1.5 dCi engine with an output of 80Kw, 250Nm, delivering a remarkable fuel consumption of only 4.8 litres/ 100km, and Co2 emissions at just 126g/km.
ABS, Emergency Brake Assist, and Driver and Passenger Airbags (front +side) come standard in the Duster Model range, with ESP with traction control on the 4x4 & 4x2 EDC, ensuring that safety is never compromised.
The Renault Duster is the obvious choice for any individual or family seeking adventure, ticking all the right boxes for drivers with diverse needs, while delivering on driving pleasure and absolute peace of mind whatever the road conditions.
RANGE & PRICING:
The comprehensive Renault Duster Range offers versatility in choice too -
- Duster 1.6 Expression 4x2 77kW petrol R 239 900
- Duster 1.6 Dynamique 4x2 77kW petrol R 259 900
- Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4x2 80kW diesel R 279 900
- Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique EDC 80kW diesel R 299 900
- Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4x4 80kW diesel R 304 900
- Metallic paint R 2 500
- Leather seats R 10 000
As with Renault's entire product range, the Renault Duster models come standard with a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty, a 3-year/45 000km service plan (with service intervals at 15 000km intervals) and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty.
Start of sales: Mid August