- The Renault KWID was successfully launched at the end of 2016 and has redefined the market with more than 27 700 cars sold, offering affordable mobility to all. With the arrival of the New Renault Kwid, the value proposition becomes even more attractive.
- The Renault KWID now presents an even more compelling offer with great enhancements and additional features:
- Unprecedented features in its segment include: 8" Touchscreen MediaNav® with Bluetooth®, USB, AUX and MP3 playback, now with the added convenience of Reverse Camera and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, front and rear powered windows, electrical adjustable door mirrors, aircon and remote central locking.
- Increased safety with dual front airbags, ABS brakes and improved road holding thanks to the new 14" wheels and rear axle.
- Striking SUV KWID design offers segment-unique LED Daytime Running Lights, and class-leading 180mm ground clearance, providing the lift to take on any challenge with ease.
- Spaciousness of the Renault KWID is in line with upper segment vehicles comfortably accommodating 5 adults with best in class 279 litres boot space, matched by vibrant new interior finishes.
- Powered by Renault's frugal 1.0-litre Smart Control efficiency (SCe) engine timised for performance and efficiency, enabling best in class fuel efficiency from only 4.7 litres/ 100km on the manual models and an impressive 4.4 litres/ 100km on the AMT model
- The New Renault KWID is priced from only R144 900, inclusive of 1 Year Comprehensive Insurance, a 2 Year Service Plan and 5 Year Warranty.
An innovative and affordable entry-level vehicle, the New Renault KWID overturns established entry segment design cues thanks to its robust, stylish exterior plus a modern and inviting interior equipped with generous cabin space as well as features and fitments normally unattainable in its class.
Not only was the New Renault KWID hatchback specifically designed to meet the needs of anyone looking to buy an affordable car, but also to make driving simpler. With its more appealing design and enhanced array of equipment, the New Renault KWID certainly presents a striking offering in the passenger car market.
The New Renault KWID is borne from Renault Global's design expertise. It exudes a sense of robustness and is now more modern and advanced than before.
It puts forward a more muscular and tough exterior enhancing its SUV-inspired look, which certainly makes it aesthetically pleasing.
The new larger 14" wheels sporting stylish wheel covers give the New Renault KWID an impressive ground clearance and sturdier stance, and together with the new rear axle adding to the safety of the vehicle by improving its road holding. The New Renault KWID offers unique design cues, such as SUV styled headlamps with silver streak LED DRL's, and tail lamps with LED light guides, while the new front fascia exudes a sense of aggression, adding to its overall appeal. The introduction of the bold Zanskar Blue colour to the range definitely adds to its stand-out factor.
SMART STYLISH INTERIOR AND UNPRECEDENTED FEATURES IN ITS SEGMENT
The New Renault KWID is as striking on the inside as it is outside - evident from the new chrome finishes which give it a more premium feel, and the new upholstery fabrics which take modern to a new level. The all new steering wheel enhances the quality feel while the new centre fascia and meter cluster with sportier graphics give a more pronounced and sporty ambiance.
The New Renault KWID boasts a surprising level of advanced technology - including standard aircon, electric front and rear windows and electrical adjustable door mirrors.
The bold and confidence-inspiring interior of the New Renault KWID offers both style and practicality, featuring intuitive technology to ensure that driver and passengers stay connected, including a new MediaNav® /multi-media system complete with a larger 8" touchscreen display, radio and Bluetooth® connectivity, and the convenience of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
The addition of a reverse camera and park distance sensors puts the New Renault KWID in a league of its own, for complete ease of parking and added peace-of-mind.
The sporty front seats are generously sized, offering superior comfort while the electric power steering and one-touch lane change indicator make driving a breeze. Electric front and rear windows add to driver and passenger convenience while the powerful air-conditioning with heater functionality ensures driving pleasure irrespective of the weather. All controls are within easy reach from both driver and passenger sides. The passenger glove box, driver and passenger in-door storage space with 1-litre bottle holder and rear parcel tray allow for practical and convenient stowage, totalling 27 litres.
The New Renault KWID's inviting interior is enhanced by its class-leading space that comfortably seats five adults, and is complemented by a class leading boot space of 279 litres.
OPTIMISED ENGINE EFFICIENCY
The compact 1.0- litre 3-cylinder Smart Control efficiency (SCe) engine powering the KWID models has been optimised for power and performance and pushes out peak power of 50kW @ 5 500 rpm and maximum torque of 91Nm @ 4 250 rpm.
It is paired to a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox, the best automatic entry offer in the South African market.
Driverswill enjoy its good responsiveness and drivability at low revs and wide torque band across the rpm range. An extremely fuel-efficient petrol-powered engine, it delivers an incredible 4.7 litres/100km and class leading 4.4 litres/100km with the AMT transmission.
The New Renault KWID now has increased safety with dual front airbags, for both driver and passenger. The full Model range is equipped with ABS brakes allowing for increased pad and disc life, and improved stopping during emergency braking. A seat belt reminder presents an added safety feature. The road holding is enhanced thanks to the new 14" wheels and rear axle.
PEACE-OF-MIND COMES STANDARD
To facilitate peace-of-mind driving, the New Renault KWID model range comes standard with a 1 Year Comprehensive Insurance Cover, a 2 Year Service Plan, and a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. Services take place at15 000km intervals.
RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICING
- NEW Renault KWID Expression 1.0-litre SCe R 144 900
- NEW Renault KWID Expression AMT 1.0-litre SCe R 154 900
- NEW Renault KWID Dynamique 1.0-litre SCe R 154 900
- NEW Renault KWID Dynamique AMT 1.0-litre SCe R 164 900
- NEW Renault KWID CLIMBER 1.0-litre SCe R 164 900
- NEW Renault KWID CLIMBER AMT 1.0-litre SCe R 174 900