- The 2017 Ferrari Formula 1 car is the final car to be confirmed on the main Ferrari feature
- SF70H F1 car joins the F2004, FXX-K Evo, 488 GTE and 488 Challenge at Autosport International this week
- 2017 World Endurance Championship GTE Pro champions James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi confirmed to attend with Miguel Molina and former-F1 driver Marc Gené at the show
- Autosport International will take place at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) Birmingham, from 11-14 January 2018*
- Autosport International is part of Motorsport Network’s UK title, Autosport – one of the world’s leading print and online motorsport publishers
- Tickets to the show are still available from: autosportinternational.com
The 2017 Ferrari Formula 1 car is the final car confirmed for the main Ferrari feature at Europe's biggest pre-season motorsport show, Autosport International, this week.
The SF70H joins the 2004 championship-winning F2004, 2017 LMGTE Pro World Endurance Championship-winning AF Corse 488 GTE, FXX-K Evo and the 488 Challenge cars on the stage which will showcase the range of cars available through Corse Clienti, Ferrari’s exclusive client racing programme.
The 2017 Ferrari F1 car is named SF70H to mark Scuderia Ferrari’s 70th anniversary. The car collected five race wins, 20 podiums, five pole positions on its way to scoring a total of 522 points between World Champion drivers Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 season.
Its 1.6 litre turbocharged V6 Ferrari engine generates close to 1000bhp when combined with the hybrid systems seen in modern day F1. The car hit the ground running in the new era of aerodynmic regulations, winning on its debut outing at the Australian Grand Prix in March.
The car joins a host of Ferrari drivers who are confirmed to attend the show. The 2017 World Endurance Championship GTE Pro champions James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi will be at the show on Thursday. The pair, who race for AF Corse, sealed the 2017 GT manufacturers' crown, claiming Ferrari’s fifth WEC constructors’ title (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017). Miguel Molina and former-F1 racing driver Marc Gené will be at the show on Friday and Saturday. All of the drivers will be on hand to discuss the exclusive racing programmes Ferrari offers, which is represented at the show.
The Ferrari main feature showcases cars represented within the Corse Clienti programme from Corsa Pilota, the Ferrari Challenge Series, XX Programme and F1 Clienti.
Autosport Media UK Editor-in-Chief, Andrew van de Burgt, said: “The 2017 Ferrari F1 car completes this outstanding array of Ferrari racing cars representing the exclusive Corse Clienti programme. It has been a long winter without any Formula 1 action and having the 2017 F1 car is the perfect reward for fans coming to the show this week to get up close its latest race winner. Do not miss out on this amazing celebration of arguably the most iconic marque in motorsport history.”
Motorsport Network is the world’s largest independent automotive and motorsport-related digital platform, connecting millions of people who love motorsport and cars. The network also creates key industry events including Autosport International and the annual Autosport Awards.
Make sure you head over to www.autosportinternational.com to get your tickets.