- The Minister of Transport has published the AARTO Draft Regulations for comment in terms of the AARTO Act, 1998 as it will be amended by the AARTO Amendment Act, 4 of 2019 in Government Gazette Nr. 43758 on 2 October 2020 (pages 38 – 532).
You may submit comments for 60 days until 1 December 2020. The email addresses for submissions are listed in the gazette. Please see the memorandums that explain the clauses, as they relate to the sections of the AARTO Act on pages 77 and 90 of the gazette.
- The Department of Transport has published Government Gazette Nr. 43754 on 1 October 2020: Measures to prevent and combat the spread of COVID -19 in Cross-Border Road Transport under Level 1.
This gazettes are available online at www.gpwonline.co.za
ANNUAL WORKSHOPS / WEBINAR INFORMATION:
- We will discuss the AARTO draft Regulations, NRTA Amendment Bill, Economic Regulation of Transport Bill, as well as the NLTA Amendment Act at the workshops.
Our 21st Annual Road Traffic and Transport Legislation workshops dates:
- Stellenbosch – 10 November 2020
- Durban – 12 November 2020
- Pretoria – 25 November 2020*
- Webinar (hybrid event) – 25 November 2020*
*WEBINAR – 25 November 2020: We will host the Pretoria Workshop at the CSIR as a hybrid event and delegates may attend in person or log in online. If you want to register for the online workshop, please indicate your choice on the registration form. If you have already registered for one of the workshops and prefer to be registered for the online workshop, please contact the office to allow us to make the arrangements.
- The Registration fee is R3 250,00 per person (VAT Included) and includes the workshop documentation and an updated copy of the NRTA.
- Office Cell Phone Number – 067 1473 247
- Office Telephone Number - 012 332 2186/9
- We are an ECSA member: SARF17/ASA01/20