The President, last night, amended the Covid-19 Alert Level 1 regulations.
The President has indicated that the following amended regulations remain applicable:-
- all indoor and outdoor gatherings, including religious, political and cultural gatherings are permitted, subject to a maximum of 250 people for indoor gatherings and 500 people for outdoor gatherings, provided that, where the venue is too small to accommodate these numbers with appropriate social distancing, no more than 50% of the venue may be occupied and all social distancing measures are to be observed;
- travel between provinces is permitted, although discouraged;
- funerals may only be attended by a maximum of 100 people and services are not to exceed 2 hours in duration;
- public recreational spaces such as parks, dams and beaches will remain open, subject to the rules of mask-wearing and social distancing;
- business premises must determine the maximum number of employees permitted on the premises to accommodate a 1.5-meter distance between employees;
- curfew remains at 24:00 to 04:00;
- every person is compelled to wear a mask in a public space. It is a criminal offence, punishable by a fine or imprisonment, not to do so;
- sale of alcohol for on-site consumption is permitted during normal licensing hours, until 23:00;
- sale of alcohol for off-site consumption will not be permitted from Friday, 2 April to Monday, 5 April; and
- the 20 land borders and 5 airports that are currently open, will remain open.
We will keep members abreast of further developments.