The National Automobile Dealers’ Association Dealer Performance Programme (DPP) is a platform for individuals within the automobile franchise retail dealership environment to engage on issues related to improving dealership performance.
“Now in its fifth year, the NADA DPP provides an opportunity for like-minded industry experts and franchise retail dealerships to network and participate in dialogue through relevant and challenging topics that have a direct impact on their businesses,” says Gary McCraw, Director of the National Automobile Dealers’ Association (NADA).
“Targeted at dealer principals, the NADA DPP combines a series of high impact national roadshows which take place in Gauteng North, Gauteng South, Durban and Cape Town. Its interactive workshops, panel discussions and monthly communications contain important information for dealers to implement in their daily processes,” adds McCraw.
The October programme was themed: Make Your 2020 Business Plan Work for You.Leading professional business planning consultant Greg Mason was the key note speaker.
He shared his expert advice for best practicefor strategy development, goal setting in a fresh and unique method, leadership skills andguidanceas to how to deliver an actionable and measurable business plan.
This was followed by a panel discussion involving respected DPs who shared the benefits of insights and effective business plansthey have implemented in their dealerships. Robust discussion and audience participation was enjoyed by all.
Key take outs from the Gauteng North roadshow panel discussion were:
- While very little can be done to control the macro environment, dealers have the ability to control their own micro environment
- Dealers encouraged each other to question certain instructions handed down to them by various stakeholders, align where possible and restructure accordingly
- Panellists and delegates alike agreed that it was time to become the disruptors and not sit back and face disruptors “eating their piece of the pie”
- An important message from one of the members of the panel, something he carries through to his team regularly, is “focus on what you do and do it with excellence”
- Be present, be involved and be engaged in your business, with your customers and your community
"This round of the roadshow was timed perfectly as we enter the fourth quarter of 2019. Delegates left the venues feeling inspired and equipped with measures to implement the outcomes discussed and put the learnings into practice in their various dealerships,” concludes McCraw.
NADA is committed to uplifting and promoting the well-being of the retail motor industry, constantly investigating opportunities to improve dealers’ performance, sales, processes and profitability. The Dealer Performance Programme includes two national road shows per year and culminates in an annual national conference and Business of The Year (BOTY) award ceremony, which recognises excellence in the retail dealership space.
Sponsors of the NADA DPP programme are: Cars.co.za, Britehouse, Lightstone, NADA, Sewells Group-MSX International, traka ASSA ABLOY and WesBank.