InspectaCar’s Pertunia Sibanyoni, finalist for the Positive Role Model Award, C-Suite, at Gender Mainstreaming Awards 2019
Pertunia Sibanyoni, CEO of InspectaCar, was the 4th placed finalist in the Positive Role Model, C-Suite category, in the Gender Mainstreaming Awards 2019. Pertunia is passionate about mentorship, empowerment and women leadership. She is a trailblazer, a change maker and a force to be reckoned with.
The Gender Mainstreaming Awards, now in its 7th year, acknowledges those companies and individuals who have actively worked towards gender diversity at executive and board level. These companies have successfully transformed their boards while ensuring that aspiring female directors are judged on their corporate governance skills and experience, and not their gender.
“I am honoured to be placed as a finalist in this prestigious award and would like to thank my family, friends, colleagues and my mentor Tony Frost for always being supportive in my journey. Sharing the stage with phenomenal women like Dr. Judy Dlamini and Prof. Shirley Zinn amongst others is truly humbling,” said Sibanyoni after receiving her certificate at the event which was recently held at Gallagher Estate, Midrand.
“This award means so much to me. As women, we are stretched in so many directions. In this demanding environment it’s about saying, I’ve been there, how have I walked, what have I learned being there? It’s also about learning from others, both internal and external stakeholders (dealers, industry bodies and colleagues). And importantly, one cannot be pompous and think that you know it all. It’s important to have an attitude of learning. You lift as your rise by empowering your team and others and give them the autonomy to showcase their skills,” she concludes.
Known for her passion for mentoring, empowerment and women leadership, Pertunia’s accolades are extensive, clearly demonstrating her own leadership capabilities:
- Attended the Emerging Leaders Course, Nigeria 2012
- Accredited Shell Global Experienced Hire Assessor, 2013-2016
- Governance Relations Course, The Hague, Netherlands, 2014
- Featured in the September 2018 issue of Fabulous Women magazine
- Invited to be interviewed on PowerFM’s Trailblazer hour by Ayabonga Cawe, January 2019
- Franchise Association South Africa (FASA) Council member from March 2019
- Wheel Well Board Member since April 2019
- Accepted as a platinum member of Woman of Stature on 1 June 2019
- Nominated for Woman of Stature Award 2019; Financial Services Category
- Graduated from The University of Pretoria's Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS), Leadership Programme on 20 August 2019
- Gumtree Women in Autos panelist and presenter at Festival of Motoring in August
- Announced as 4th Finalist in Gender Mainstreaming Awards; Positive Role Model Category, C-Suite in September