- Annual audit finds VWSA compliant with ISO 9001:2015 and VDA 6.1:2016 requirements
- VWSA commended for performance, systems and continuous improvement
Following a week-long audit of its operations in South Africa, Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) was once again confirmed to be compliant with the requirements of its ISO 9001:2015, VDA 6.1:2016 and RREG 2007/46/EG certifications.
VWSA's second surveillance audit took place from 3 to 10 September. It covered the manufacturing plant in Uitenhage, sales and marketing offices in Johannesburg and the Parts and Accessories facility in Centurion. The audit was conducted by Tuev Nord, the organisation responsible for auditing Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental and Energy Systems at many of the Volkswagen Group's plants across the world.
The annual Management System audit shows that VWSA is compliant with the latest international standards, and serves as an indicator of the Company's commitment to quality and achieving success in the global market.
During the closing meeting of the audit, the Tuev Nord representatives made special mention of:
- VWSA's standardised Shop Floor Management system across its production areas;
- Its thorough tracking of performance;
- Continuous improvement evident in all areas relating to system control and technology development; and
- The company's successful growth in new markets and its strategy for keeping employees motivated.
"Volkswagen Group South Africa remains a world class manufacturing facility, as these certifications prove," said Thomas Schaefer, Volkswagen Group South Africa Chairman and Managing Director. "It shows our customers, both locally and abroad, that we are compliant with international standards and committed to excellence. I am proud of the work done by VWSA to ensure we deliver the highest quality to our customers, and of each employee that continues to fulfill that promise."