- Jackson named senior advisor of manufacturing, spearheading Fisker Inc. strategy and site selection
- Former roles include: President of Manufacturing at Volkswagen of America and Senior Vice President, Quality and Production at Toyota
- Announcement follows the reveal of Fisker’s affordable, luxury electric SUV – slated for production in the United States and mass market launch in 2021
Fisker Inc. – designer and manufacturer of the world’s most desirable electric vehicles, breakthrough automotive technology and advanced mobility solutions – has appointed Don Jackson as senior advisor of manufacturing. The seasoned industry executive will spearhead manufacturing strategy and site selection as Fisker Inc. prepares for the launch of its stunningly designed, affordable all-electric luxury SUV – slated for the second half of 2021.
Automotive Manufacturing and Quality Leadership
- Jackson comes equipped with more than 40 years of manufacturing leadership. Before taking on a key role at Volkswagen of America as President of Manufacturing, he served as Senior Vice President, Quality and Production for Toyota's Texas operations. Prior to this, Jackson served as Vice President of Manufacturing for Toyota’s operations in Kentucky.
- More recently, he founded Jackson Management Group, LLC, which is focused on providing strategy for various companies in lean manufacturing and best management practice.
Multiple States Being Considered for Production
- Fisker Inc. is currently finalizing the selection of a facility, located in the United States, to produce the mass market, all-electric luxury SUV.
- California, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia are among the states currently being considered through an RFP process.
Henrik Fisker, chairman and CEO – Fisker Inc.
“Following the exciting announcement on our affordable electric luxury SUV for the mass global market, we sought out an automotive industry leader with a strong history of results in high-volume manufacturing and the utmost in quality control. Don has lead operations for the largest OEMs, raising the bar in vehicle quality and reliability. We are delighted to have him join our team as we ramp up toward launch in 2021 and prepare to bring a more emotion-stirring, American-made EV design to people worldwide.”
Don Jackson, senior advisor of manufacturing – Fisker Inc.
“The future of the automotive industry lies in electric vehicles. There’s an undeniable shift toward sustainable mobility around the globe, and Fisker is breaking the mold with the most forward-thinking technologies complemented by Henrik’s world-renowned, emotionally-compelling design touches. I share Fisker’s vision of driving mass electrification forward by producing more desirable EVs for the global market here in the United States, and I look forward to building a disruptive strategy that combines Fisker’s unique business model with the very best manufacturing practices that assure unparalleled results and outstanding, reliable products. The Fisker team is committed to exceeding customer expectations globally.”