- Jeep Wrangler only vehicle to earn "4x4/SUV of the Year" honor since launch of SEMA Awards in 2010
- Four Jeep vehicles customized with Jeep Performance Parts from Mopar on display in brand's SEMA Show exhibit
- Ram 1500 and Dodge Challenger finish in top three of SEMA "Truck of the Year" and "Car of the Year" classes, respectively
- Mopar-modified Ram 1500 pickups, one for trail and one for street, part of Mopar SEMA display
- Dodge vehicles in Mopar exhibit include drag-oriented, street-legal Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 and NHRA racer Leah Pritchett's championship Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Pak
- Mopar to announce more news at SEMA press briefing on Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 7:26 p.m. ET/4:26 p.m. PT
- Press briefing can be viewed live online at https://livestream.com/FCALive/MoparSEMA2018
For the ninth consecutive year, Jeep® Wrangler is celebrating "4x4/SUV of the Year" honors at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, following announcement of the 2018 award winners at the SEMA Vehicle Reveal event held outside of the Las Vegas Convention Center on Monday evening, October 29.
Jeep Wrangler remains the only vehicle to earn the trophy since the 2010 launch of the SEMA Awards. Wrangler earned its customization crown in recognition as the most accessory-friendly vehicle in its class, as voted on by SEMA Show exhibitors.
"The Jeep Wrangler continues to lead the way in the customization world following the Mopar brand's introduction late last year of more than 200 Jeep Performance Parts and accessories," said Steve Beahm, Head of Parts & Service (Mopar) and Passenger Car Brands, FCA - North America. "When it comes to personalization, Jeep Wrangler is a star of our portfolio and it just keeps getting hotter."
For the second consecutive year, the Ram 1500 pickup was recognized as one of three finalists in the SEMA "Truck of the Year" class, while Dodge Challenger earned finalist honors in the SEMA "Car of the Year" category.
The SEMA Awards, launched in 2010, are the SEMA Show's definitive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) award, shining a light on the hottest vehicles that showcase and launch aftermarket parts.
"Once again, the Jeep Wrangler is voted as a favorite from the aftermarket community, with more exhibitors choosing the Jeep Wrangler as the SEMA '4x4/SUV of the Year,'" said SEMA President and CEO Chris Kersting. "Whether drivers are accessorizing the Jeep for off-roading or for every day driving, there are outstanding options available for Jeep owners."
The Mopar brand's 15,345-square-foot display at the SEMA Show, scheduled for October 30 - November 2, will feature customized versions of the SEMA award winner and finalists, including four Jeep vehicles transformed with Jeep Performance Parts and accessories and two Mopar-modified Ram 1500 pickups, the trail-themed Ram 1500 Rebel and the street-styled Ram 1500 Big Horn "Low Down."
The drag-oriented, street-legal, 392 HEMI® V-8 engine-powered 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 will also be featured, as well as NHRA racer Leah Pritchett's Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Pak car, which she drove to the 2018 NHRA Factory Stock Showdown World Championship.
Mopar has additional news on tap for its annual Mopar SEMA press briefing, which will take place on Tuesday, October 30, at 7:26 p.m. ET/4:26 p.m. PT. The presentation can be viewed live online at https://livestream.com/FCALive/MoparSEMA2018.
For more information on the SEMA Show, visit www.SEMASHOW.com.