Plans for the highly successful 2020 Motor Mech show, hosted by the Motor Industry Workshop Association (MIWA) at Newton Technical High School in Port Elizabeth on 22 February 2020 are well on track.
Gates will open at 9:00 and close at 15:00.
This is the second year the event will be held and the action-packed line-up will include:
- A Classic Cars display and a showdown between the top mechanics in the area. There will be a mechanic competition in the morning for the technical high schools and in the afternoon a motor mechanic competition for MIWA workshops.
- Plenty of activities and displays for car lovers but just on a bigger and better scale.
- Great opportunities for learners to find out more about a career in Motor Mechanics and see what’s on offer
- Displays and talks from uYilo eMobility programme. Established in 2013 as an initiative of the Technology Innovation Agency it is geared towards enabling, facilitating and mobilising electric mobility in South Africa.
- Various car and motor bike displays, kids activities and food and drinks stalls. There will also be displays around the school including various MIWA workshops, spare shops, spare manufacturers, colleges, Moto Health and other motor-related industries.
All the proceeds from the event will go to the Newton Technical High School and will be put to good use developing much-needed skills.